Rebar Shear Operator
1-3 years (Preferred)
The Rebar Shear Operator is required to perform a variety of simple to moderately complex material handling and machine operator duties, involving shearing rebar, while a focus on safety and quality are critical to this position.
- Shearing rebar
- Clear sheared materials from storage racks, supply stock length rebar for cutting operations, receive and position steel bundles on stock shear racks.
- Assist in the process of tracking production in the shop
- Produce high quality rebar pieces that are accurate to the Bar Lists provided.
- Ensure all employees and visitors adhere to safe work procedures for the equipment being operated.
- Ensure good housekeeping in order to perform work safely and efficiently.
- Help ensure work is completed as scheduled.
- Experience working with Rebar is considered an asset.
- Forklift experience is considered an asset.
- Must be able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Position will require exposure to heat, cold, wet and/or humid conditions, vibration and industrial
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds, and to stand 8 hours.
- Must be available to work full-time (Monday – Friday)
Compensation and Benefits
A&H Steel Vancouver provides competitive wages starting at $23/hr, with regular increases. Eligible employees are also provided with extended medical and dental benefits, Long-Term Disability, and RRSP matching.
Raising the Bar. It is an attitude each member of the A&H team brings to every project. We are raising the bar for the construction industry, focusing on integrity, responsibility, authenticity, and making a difference (with your help, of course). We welcome and reward those who share this mindset. If you are a self-motivated individual and believe you have something to contribute to our dynamic team, we invite you to apply today. If this sounds like the job for you, please apply today.